B Pharm 5th Sem New Syllabus 2022 includes both theoretical subjects as well as practical classes. Here we provide the latest Bachelor Of Pharmacy Syllabus & Subjects as mentioned by the B.Pharm- PCI (Pharmacy Council of India).
From this PCI Syllabus B. Pharm 2021-22 Pdf additionally, you will get exact PT or Subjects Code for every subject of theory as well as practical. You can read the Syllabus for B Pharmacy AICTE or download it in PDF format given below the link. We also provide the B Pharm 3rd Year Syllabus AKTU below.
|Topic Name||Syllabus Pdf|
|B Pharm 5th Sem New Syllabus||Click Here To Download|
B Pharm 5th Sem New Syllabus Pdf
B Pharm 5th Sem new syllabus of third-year latest AICTE approved PCI syllabus are given below which is also the same as MAKAUT B Pharm 5th Sem Syllabus. The third semester includes a total of five subjects among those three subjects are practical oriented.
Medicinal Chemistry-I Syllabus
B Pharm 5th Sem New Syllabus of Medicinal Chemistry-I is most important from freshers’ point of view. Most of the students don’t know what are the subjects in B Pharmacy’s 3rd year?
Here we provide the new medicinal chemistry bachelor of pharmacy (B Pharmacy) syllabus pdf. This syllabus is the same as with the b.pharm 5th Sem syllabus PCI (Pharmacy Council of India) provided syllabus.
Theory (PT- 513A)
• Medicinal chemistry
Introduction, History, and the development.
• Physicochemical properties
Biochemical action related to Ionization of action, Partition Coefficient, Solubility, Solutions, Hydrogen Bonding, Protein Binding, Chelation, Bioisosterism, Optical and Geometrical Isomerism activity.
• Drug Metabolism
Metabolism of drug principles- Phase I and Phase II, Factors affecting the metabolism of drug including stereochemical aspects.
Drugs Acting on ANS (Autonomic Nervous System)
• Adrenergic Neurotransmitters System
Biosynthesis & catabolism of catecholamines, Adrenergic receptors like alpha and beta with their distribution.
SAR of the Sympathomimetics Drugs or Agents
• Direct Acting: Epinephrine, Nor-epinephrine, Phenylephrine, Dopamine, Clonidine, Methyldopa, Dobutamine, Terbutaline, Isoproterenol, Salbutamol, Naphazoline, Bitolterol, Oxymetazoline, and Xylometazoline.
• Indirect Acting: Hydroxy amphetamine, Propylhexedrine.
• Mixed Mechanism Agents: Ephedrine, and Metaraminol.
Adrenergic Antagonists Agents
• Alpha-adrenergic blockers: Tolazoline, Phenoxybenzamine, Phentolamine, Prazosin, Methysergide, Dihydroergotamine.
• Beta-adrenergic blockers: Beta-blockers SAR, Propranolol, Atenolol, Metibranolol, Bisoprolol, Betazolol, Esmolol, Labetalol, Metoprolol, Carvedilol.
• Cholinergic Neurotransmitters
Biosynthesis and catabolism of the acetylcholine neurotransmitters, Cholinergic receptors (Nicotinic and Muscarinic receptors), and their distribution.
SAR of parasympathomimetics agents:
• Direct Acting: Acetylcholine, Bethanechol, Carbachol, Methacholine, Pilocarpine.
• Indirect Acting/ Cholinesterase Inhibitors: Ambenonium Chloride, Edrophonium Chloride, Echothiophate Iodide, Isofluorphate, Malathion, Neostigmine, Physostigmine, Pyridostigmine, Parathione, Tacrine Hydrochloride.
• Cholinesterase: Pralidoxime Chloride
SAR of cholinergic blocking agents
• Solanaceous Family Alkaloids Agents: Atropine Sulfate, Homatropine, Ipratropium bromide, Hyoscyamine Sulfate, Scopolamine hydrobromide.
• Synthetic Cholinergic Agents: Benztropine mesylate, Biperidine hydrochloride, Cyclopentolate Hydrochloride, Clidinium bromide, Dicyclomine hydrochloride, Ethopropazine hydrochloride, Glycopyrrolate, Isopropamide iodide, Methantheline bromide, Orphenadrine citrate, Propantheline bromide, Procyclidine Hydrochloride, Tropicamide, Tridihexethyl chloride.
Drugs Acting on CNS (Central Nervous System)
1. Hypnotics and Sedatives Agents
• Benzodiazepines: Alprazolam, Benzodiazepines, Chlordiazepoxide, Chlorazepate, Diazepam, Lorazepam, Oxazepam, Zolpidem.
• Barbiturates: Amobarbital, Barbiturates SAR, Barbital, Butabarbital, Mephobarbital, Phenobarbital, Secobarbital.
• Amides and Imides: Glutethmide
• Alcohol and their Carbamate: Ethchlorvynol, Meprobomate.
• Aldehyde and their derivatives: Paraldehyde, Triclofos sodium.
2. Antipsychotics Agents
• Phenothiazeines: SAR of Phenothiazeines, Chlorpromazine Hydrochloride, Promazine Hydrochloride, Prochlorperazine maleate, Piperacetazine, Triflupromazine, Triflupromazine Hydrochloride.
• Phenothiazeines ring analogue: Chlorprothixene, Clozapine, Loxapine succinate, Thiothixene.
• Fluro buterophenones: Droperidol, Haloperidol, Risperidone.
• Beta amino ketones: Molindone Hydrochloride
• Benzamides: Sulpieride
3. Anticonvulsants: SAR of Anticonvulsants, Mechanism of Action of Anticonvulsants.
• Barbiturates: Methabarbital, Phenobarbitone.
• Hydantoins: Ethotoin, Mephenytoin, Phenytoin.
• Oxazolidine diones: Paramethadione, Trimethadione.
• Succinimides: Ethosuximide, Methsuximide, Phensuximide.
• Urea and monoacylureas: Carbamazepine, Phenacemide.
• Benzodiazepines: Clonazepam
• Miscellaneous: Felbamate, Gabapentin, Primidone, Valproic acid.
Drugs Acting on CNS (Central Nervous System)
• Inhalation of the Anaesthetics: Desflurane, Enflurane, Sevoflurane, Halothane, Isoflurane, Methoxyflurane.
• Short-Acting Barbiturates: Methohexital sodium, Thiopental sodium, Thiamylal sodium.
• Dissociative Anaesthetics: Ketamine Hydrochloride
Narcotic and Non-narcotic Analgesics
• Morphine related drugs: Morphine analogue SAR, Anilerdine Hydrochloride, Codeine, Diphenoxylate Hydrochloride, Fentanyl citrate, Loperamide Hydrochloride, Levorphanol tartrate.
• Narcotic antagonists: Levallorphan tartrate, Nalorphine Hydrochloride, Naloxone Hydrochloride.
• Anti-inflammatory agents: Aspirin, Antipyrine, Acetaminophen, Diclofenac, Indomethacin, Ibuprofen, Ketorolac, Mefenamic acid, Meclofenamate, Naproxen, Piroxicam, Phenaceith, Phenylbutazone.
Practical (PT- 593)
1. Preparation of drugs
- 2,3- Diphenyl quinoxaline
2. Assay of the drugs
3. Determined partition coefficient of the two different drugs.
Medicinal Chemistry- II Syllabus
Medicinal Chemistry-II is the other most important subject which syllabus described are in below. B Pharm 5th Sem New Syllabus can read online here or b.pharm 5th Sem Syllabus Pdf can download above-given link. This syllabus is the same as with the b.pharm 5th Sem syllabus gtu.
Theory (PT- 513B)
• Antihistaminic agents: Receptors and their distribution in the human body, Histamine
• H1 Antagonists: Azatidine maleate, Astemizole, Buclizine Hydrochloride, Clemastine fumarate, Chlorcyclizine Hydrochloride, Chlorpheniramine maleate, Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride, Cetirizine, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride.
Dimenhydrinate, Doxylamines succinate, Diphenylphyraline Hydrochloride, Loratadine, Levocetrazine Cromolyn Sodium, Meclizine Hydrochloride, Promethazine Hydrochloride, Phenidamine, Tripelenamine Hydrochloride, Triprolidine Hydrochloride.
• H2 Antagonists: Famotidine, Cimetidine, Ranitidine.
• Gastric proton pump inhibitors: Lansoprazole, Omeprazole, Pantoprazole, Rabeprazole.
• Alkylating Agents: Busulfan, Chlorambucil, Cyclophosphamide, Mechlorethamine, Melphalan, Thiotepa.
• Antimetabolites: Azathioprine, Cytarabine, Fluorouracil, Floxuridine, Methotrexate, Thioguanine.
• Antibiotics: Bleomycin, Doxorubicin, Dactinomycin, Daunorubicin.
• Plant Products: Etoposide, Vincristine sulphate, vinblastine sulphate.
• Miscellaneous: Mitotane, Cisplatin.
• Vasodilators: Amyl nitrite, Dipyridamole, Isosorbide dinitrate, Pentaerythritol tetranitrate, Nitroglycerin.
• Calcium Channel Blockers: Amlodipine, Bepridil hydrochloride, Diltiazem hydrochloride, Nifedipine, Nicardipine, Nimodipine, Verapamil.
° Carbonic Anhydrase Inhibitors: Acetazolamide, Dichlorphenamide, Methazolamide.
° Thiazides: Cyclothiazide, Chlorothiazide, Hydrochlorothiazide, Hydroflumethiazide.
° Loop diuretics: Bumetanide, Ethacrynic acid, Furosemide.
° Potassium-sparing diuretics: Amiloride, Spironolactone, Triamterene.
° Osmotic diuretics: Mannitol
• Anti-hypertensive Agents: Benazepril hydrochloride, Enalapril, Captopril, Clonidine hydrochloride, Diazoxide, Guanethidine monosulphate, Guanabenz acetate, Hydralazine hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Methyldopate hydrochloride, Minoxidil, Quinapril hydrochloride, Reserpine, Sodium nitroprusside, Timolol.
• Anti-arrhythmic drugs: Amiodarone, Disopyramide phosphate, Lidocaine hydrochloride, Lorcainide hydrochloride, Mexiletine hydrochloride, Quinidine sulphate, Procainamide hydrochloride, Phenytoin sodium, Tocainide hydrochloride, Sotalol.
• Anti-hyperlipidemic Agents: Cholestyramine, Cholestipol, and Clofibrate, Lovastatin.
• Coagulants and Anticoagulants: Acetomenadione, Anisindione, Clopidogrel, Menadione, Warfarin.
• Congestive Heart Failure (CHF): Bosentan, Digitoxin, Digoxin, Nesiritide, Tezosentan.
Drugs Acting on Endocrine System: Drugs nomenclature, stereochemistry and metabolism of steroids.
• Sex Hormones: Diethylstilbestrol, Oestrione, Oestriol, Oestradiol, Nandrolone, Progesterone, Testosterone.
• Drugs for erectile dysfunction: Tadalafil, Sildenafil.
• Oral Contraceptives: Levonorgestrel, Mifepristone, Norgestril.
• Corticosteroids: Betamethasone, Cortisone, Dexamethasone, Hydrocortisone, Prednisolone.
• Thyroid and Antithyroid drugs: Methimazole, L-Thyroxine, L-Thyronine, Propylthiouracil.
Antidiabetic Agents: Insulin and its preparation.
° Sulfonyl Ureas: Chlorpropamide, Glipizide, Glimepiride.
° Biguanides: Metformin
° Thiazolidinediones: Pioglitazone, Rosiglitazone.
° Meglitinides: Nateglinide, Repaglinide
° Glycosidase Inhibitors: Acarbose, Voglibose.
• Local Anaesthetics: Local Anesthetics SAR.
• Benzoic Acid Derivatives: Cyclomethycaine, Cocaine, Hexylcaine, Meprylcaine, Piperocaine.
• Amino Benzoic Acid Derivatives: Butacaine, Benzocaine, Benoxinate, Butamben, Propoxycaine, Procaine, Tetracaine.
• Lidocaine or Anilide derivatives: Etidocaine, Lignocaine, Mepivacaine, Prilocaine.
• Miscellaneous: Dibucaine, Diperodon, Phenacaine.
Pharmacology-II is the most important subject which syllabus described are in below. B Pharm 5th Sem New Syllabus can be read online here or Rgpv B Pharmacy 5th Sem Syllabus Pdf can download the above-given link. This syllabus is the same as with makaut B Pharm syllabus 2022.
Theory (PT- 518)
Pharmacology of drugs acting on CVS (Cardiovascular System)
- Hemodynamic introduction and electrophysiology of the heart.
- Drugs used in CHF (Congestive Heart Failure)
- Anti-hypertensive drugs
- Anti-anginal drugs
- Anti-arrhythmic drugs
- Anti-hyperlipidemic drugs
Pharmacology of drug acting on CVS (Cardiovascular System)
- Drugs used in Shock Therapy
- Hematinics, Coagulants and Anti-coagulants
- Fibrinolytics and anti-platelet drugs
- Plasma Volume Expanders
• Pharmacology of drugs acting on Urinary System
Autocoids and related drug
- Introduction to Autacoids and their Classification.
- Histamine, 5-HT and their antagonists.
- Prostaglandins, Thromboxanes, and Leukotrienes.
- Angiotensin, Bradykinin and Substance P.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents.
- Anti-gout drugs
- Antirheumatic drugs
Pharmacology of drugs acting on Endocrine System
- Basic concepts of the endocrine pharmacology
- Anterior Pituitary hormones- analogues and their inhibitors.
- Thyroids hormones- analogues and their inhibitors.
- Regulating of hormones plasma calcium level Calcitonin, parathormone, and Vitamin D.
- Insulin, Oral Hypoglycemic Agents and glucagon
- ACTH and corticosteroids
Pharmacology of drugs acting on Endocrine System
- Androgens and Anabolic steroids.
- Estrogens, Progesterone and oral contraceptives.
- Drugs acting on the uterus.
- Bioassay principles and applications.
- Types of bioassay.
- Bioassay of Oxytocin, Insulin, Vasopressin, ACTH, 5-HT, d-tubocurarine, and histamine.
Practical (PT- 598)
I. Experimental Introduction and study of in-vitro and physiological salt solutions in pharmacology.
II. Drugs effect on Isolated frog heart.
III. Drugs affect the blood pressure and heart rate of dogs.
IV. Study of the diuretics activity of drugs using the rats and mice.
V. DRC of Acetylcholine using frog rectus abdominal muscles in pharmacology.
VI. Effect of the physostigmine and atropine on DRC of Acetylcholine using frog rectus abdominal muscles and rat ileum.
VII. Pharmacological Bioassay of the histamine drugs using guinea pig ileum by the matching method.
VIII. Bioassay of Oxytocin using rat uterine horn by interpolation method.
IX. Bioassay of Oxytocin using rats fundus strip by the method of three-point bioassay.
X. Bioassay of Acetylcholine using rat ileum or colon by the method of four-point bioassay.
XI. Determination of the PA2 value of prazosin using rat anococcygeus muscle by the method of shields plot.
XII. Pharmacological Determination of the PD2 value using the guinea pig ileum.
XIII. Effect of the spasmogens and spasmolytics using rabbits body jejunum.
XIV. Anti-inflammatory activity of drugs using carrageenan-induced paw oedema model.
XV. Analgesic activity of drugs using Central and Peripheral methods.
Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry-II Syllabus
Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry-II is another important subject which syllabus described are in below. B Pharm 5th Sem New Syllabus can be read online here or IGNOU MCA 5th Sem Syllabus Pdf can download the above-given link. This syllabus is the same as with the b.pharm 5th sem syllabus makaut.
Theory (PT- 512)
Metabolic Pathways in higher plants and their derivatives
- Metabolic pathways and formation of the secondary metabolites such as Shikimic acid pathway, Acetate-Mevalonate pathways and Amino acid pathway.
- Pharmacological Utilization of the radioactive isotopes studies in the investigation of the Biogenetic study.
Definitions, Introduction, Objectives, composition, chemistry and chemical classes, bio-sources, uses and commercial applications of following secondary school metabolites.
Various Secondary Metabolites
• Alkaloids: Belladonna, Opium, Rauwolfia, Vinca.
• Phenylpropanoids and Flavonoids: Lignans, Ruta, Tea.
• Steroids, Cardiac Glycosides and Triterpenoids: Digitalis, Dioscorea, Liquorice.
• Volatile Oils: Clove, Cinnamon, Coriander, Fennel, Mentha.
• Tannins: Catechu, Pterocarpus.
• Resins: Asafoetida, Benzoin, Colophony, Ginger, Guggul, Ginger, Myrrh
• Glycosides: Aloes, Almond, Bitter, Senna.
• Iridoids, Other Terpenoids and Naphthaquinones: Artemisia, Carotenoids, Gentian, Taxus.
Isolation, Identification and Analysis of Phytoconstituents.
- Terpenoids: Artemisin, Citral, Menthol.
- Glycosides: Glycyrhetinic acid and Rutin.
- Alkaloids: Atropine, Caffeine, Quinine, Reserpine
- Resins: Curcumin, Podophyllotoxin.
Industrial Production, Estimation and the utilization of phytoconstituents: Atropine, Artemisin, Caffeine, Diosgenin, Digoxin, Foreskin, Podophyllotoxin, Sennoside, Taxol, Vinblastine, and Vincristine.
Basics of Phytochemistry
Phytochemistry Introduction, Modern methods of extraction, applications of the latest techniques, such as spectroscopy, electrophoresis, chromatography, purification, and identification of crude drugs.
Practical (PT- 592)
A. Morphology, Histology, Powder characteristics, Detection, and Extraction of Coriander, Clove, Cinchona, Cinnamon, Ephedra, Senna, Fennel.
B. Exercise involving isolation and detection of active principles-
- Caffeine from tea Dust.
- Diosgenin from Dioscorea.
- Atropine from Belladonna.
- Sennosides from Senna.
C. By the method of Paper Chromatography separation of sugars.
D. Thin Layer Chromatography of Herbal Extract.
E. Distillation of the volatile oils and detection of the phytoconstituents by TLC method.
F. Analysis of crude drugs by the chemical tests like Asafoetida, Benzoin, Colophony, Aloes, Myrrh.
Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence Syllabus
Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence is an important subject which syllabus described are in below. B Pharm 5th Sem New Syllabus can be read online here or B Pharmacy 5th Semester Syllabus 2022 Pdf can download the above-given link. This syllabus is the same as with the diploma 5th sem syllabus.
Theory (PT- 516)
Drugs and the Cosmetics Act, 1940 and cosmetics rules 1945:
Definitions, Objectives, Legally definitions of the schedules to the act and rules.
• Import of drugs: Drugs classification and cosmetics prohibited from import, import under licence or permissions, offences, and penalties.
• Manufacture of the drugs: Prohibition of the manufacturer and sale of the certain drugs, Conditions for grant of licence and licence for manufacture of drugs, examination and analysis, manufacture of new drugs, loan licence, and repackaging licence.
• Drugs and the Cosmetics Act, 1940 and cosmetics rules 1945:
Detailed study of the Schedule G, H, M, N, P, T, X, U, V, Y, Part XII B, Such F and DMR.
• Sale of drugs: Retail sale, Wholesale, offences, Restricted licence, and penalties.
• Labeling and Packaging of drugs: General labelling requirements and specimen labels for drugs and cosmetics, offences, list of permitted colours, and penalties.
• Administration of the Act and Rules: Drugs Technical Advisory Board, Drugs Consultative Committee, Government Drug Analysts, Central Drugs Laboratory, Licencing Authority, Controlling Authorities, Drugs Inspectors.
• Pharmacy Act- 1948: Definitions, Objectives, Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), Its constitution and functions, Education regulations, Functions and constitutions, State and Joint State Pharmacy Councils, Registration of pharmacists, Penalties and offences.
• Medicinal and Toilet Preparation Act- 1955: Definitions, Objectives, Licencing, Manufacture in around bond and outside bond, Manufacture of Ayurvedic, Homeopathic act, Patent and proprietary preparations, Export of alcoholic preparation, Offences and penalties act.
• Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic substances Act- 1985 and Rules: Definitions, Objectives, Officers and Authorities, Constitution and functions of the narcotics and psychotropic Consultative Committee, Prohibition, Regulations and controls, Opium poppy cultivation and production of poppy Straw, National fund for controlling the drugs abuses, Sale and export of the Opium poppy, Offences and penalties.
• Study of the Salient Features of the drugs and magic remedies Act and its rules: Definitions, Prohibition of certain advertisements, classes of exempted advertising, offences and penalties.
• Prevention of cruelty to animals Act- 1960: Definitions, Objectives, Institutional animal ethics committee, CPCSEA guidelines for breeding and stockings of the animals, Transfer and acquisitions of the animals for the experiment, Experiment performance, Power to suspend registration, offences and penalties.
• National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority: DPCO (Drugs Price Control Order) 2013, Definitions, Objectives, Sale prices of bulk drugs, Ceiling price and retail price of scheduled formulations, Retail price of formulations, National list of essential medicines (NLEM).
• Pharmaceutical Legislation: Introduction, a brief review, study of the drugs enquiry committee, Development committee and Health survey, Hathi committee, and Mudaliar committee.
• Code of Pharmaceutical Ethics: Objectives, Definitions, Jobs with pharmacists relationship, trade, the medical profession, Pharmacists oath.
• Medical Termination of Pregnancy Act
• Right to Information Act
• Introduction to Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
Some FAQs Related to B Pharm 5th Sem New Syllabus
What is the Syllabus of B Pharmacy 5th Semester?
B Pharmacy Course 5th Semester Syllabus includes five subjects. All five subjects are mandatory and three of them are practical oriented. The subjects are:
• Medicinal Chemistry-I (PT- 513A)
• Medicinal Chemistry-II (PT- 513B)
• Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry-II (PT- 512)
• Pharmacology-II (PT-518)
• Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence (PT- 516)
Is B Pharm Related to Chemistry?
Yes, In B Pharmacy Course you should read organic chemistry for the first three semesters of the total eighth semester.
What is the Syllabus of B Pharm?
Makaut b.pharm syllabus 2022 are provided here. You can read all the syllabus online or can download pdf format in just one click. Here you will be able to know B Pharm 5th Sem New Syllabus.
What is Medicinal Chemistry in B Pharmacy?
Medicinal Chemistry subjects include in B. Pharm – PCI provided syllabus. Medicinal Chemistry subjects are includes in the 5th Semester as Medicinal Chemistry-I and Medicinal Chemistry-II and the 6th Semester as Medicinal Chemistry-III. It helps the students to a thorough understanding of drug mechanism of action, Structure-Activity Relationship (SAR), and ADME (Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, and Excretion) process.
What are the Subjects of B Pharmacy 3rd Year?
B Pharmacy Course 3rd year includes 5th Semester and 6th Semester. B Pharm 5th Sem New Syllabus article having B Pharm 5th sem new syllabus. B. Pharm 6th Semester Syllabus is also available on the pharmacy study website.
Which is the Best Pharmaceutics Syllabus in India?
B Pharmacy Course having pharmaceutics Subjects in three semesters of whole eight semesters. These are Semester I (Pharmaceutics-I), Semester III (Physical Pharmaceutics-I), Semester IV (Physical Pharmaceutics-II). All the subjects syllabus are available on the pharmacy study website.
You May Also Like ❤️👇👇
- B Pharmacy 1st Semester New Syllabus
- B Pharmacy 2nd Semester New Syllabus
- B Pharmacy 6th Semester New Syllabus
B Pharm 5th Sem New Syllabus 2022 Free Download available here. Don’t hesitate to comment to Us regarding any issues or doubts about articles or information related.
If this post article is helpful please share it with your friends and tell them about our The Pharmacy Study website. Please share your concern it will help us a lot and upgrade our website.
The Pharmacy Study website only information and educational purposes for pharmacy students. We collect all these Materials/ Articles/ information for our audience from the internet and other sources.
This website doesn’t give any warranties regarding any information completeness, accuracy, authenticity, and will not be responsible due to damages, illegal abuses that occurred by using the information.
The Pharmacy Study website B Pharm 5th Sem New Syllabus article contains some external links, we don’t have any control over those hyperlinks. If someone feels that we have violated their copyrights wants us to remove these Articles/ Materials/ Images then please Contact Us or mail us. We assure you that remove this content immediately.
B Pharm 5th Sem New Syllabus, How the article was helpful? Please rate this and share your valuable concern.